Archive for July 2009
So, Electronic Arts makes a game. 1. To advertise this game, which is some riff off of Dante's Inferno, they craft a series of publicity stunts around the various circles of Hell and sins and so on/so forth. One of these involves a comic book convention, Comic-Con, where EA tells horny guys people to take […]
October will hold the fifth anniversary of when I joined Second Life under the name I came to refer to as my "main" account. I dabbled in it under various other identities prior to that but I never understood what it was really for and would often get bored after a few minutes (or an […]
I think the time has come for me to accept the fact that I'm missing the draw of Warhammer Online. I got started with it when Direct2Drive was throwing an opening bash letting players start three days before the official launch if they bought it RIGHT THEN THAT VERY MINUTE which happened to coincide with […]
In an earlier entry I complained about the sense of culture-shock for a casual player in World of Warcraft when you switch from the largely solo-friendly leveling grind to the explicitly group-focused endgame. Recently biting the bullet I decided it was time to suck it up and try and find a guild, else I really […]
So my previous post got linked on WoW.com a couple days ago. Due to a linking mixup it happened a bit too late to get noticed in the initial read-through– fortunately or un- depending on your position I suppose– and I missed pretty much all the traffic from their entry. I mention 'unfortunately' because it […]
Last week GLAAD sent out a press release announcing their intention to start a project meant to combat homophobia in online video games and communities. On the surface this might sound like a great idea, unless you happen to actually be familiar with any of those communities, then the warning bells would be going off. […]
Earlier in the week through the generosity of an acquaintance, I got my hands on a beta key for the upcoming English launch of the MMORPG Aion: The Tower of Eternity. Already a pretty well acclaimed game in the Asian market, I've been looking at this one impatiently ever since I learned it would be […]
2015: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2012: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2011: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2010: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2009: J F M A M J J A S O N D
- Joshua Meadows: I understand the frustration, but I think that’s taking the problem and going in the opposite extreme. Unlike the civil...
- Chris: Thank you… Sadly voices like ours are often hated. Sadly I actually hate the gay community and I am gay! I am not hip enough, skinny...
- Lord: Thank you for the well-worded post…now if only the message can get to the people who don’t want to be seen as supporters (usually...
- Joshua Meadows: Dagon, you simply repeated the same thing that Gman said — albeit in a more aggressive and less valid manner. I already addressed...
- Dagon: Well, I think you misunderstand the point Sterling is trying to make. He is saying it would be great if Drake was a homosexual because then...