Archive for August 2009
In the wide-world that represents present day MMOG flora, post-apocalyptic games (and sci-fi games in general) are sadly lacking in representation. One such upcoming release seeking to change that is Fallen Earth, set in after-the-world-ends 2156, a hundred years after a genetically engineered supervirus has decimated 99% of the human population. Putting your character in […]
Last week Champions Online started its week long open beta in preparation for the September 1st launch; those who had pre-ordered the game were given access to it (though I believe free keys were also available through a FilePlanet promotion at some point.) This is a game I have been looking forward to for a […]
Shadow Complex, a new release to the Xbox Live Arcade, has generated a bit of controversy since its debut last week. The Super Metroid-inspired sidescroller is set in the universe of Orson Scott Card's Empire series and opposition to the game has been brewing by gamers unhappy with the controversial author's political views– specifically regarding […]
* This post is going to be a bit more behind-the-scenes and autobiographical than the others have been recently. It's also 4 AM here and I'm a bit sleep deprived so this is likely to be rambling and not the best-written entry ever. Ever since about 1998 I've had a personal website; my first one […]
As I have reported recently, I've been giving this whole "guild" thing in World of Warcraft a more concerted effort than I have done previously. I've been running instances more regularly and "raiding" as the kids say and I have actually been enjoying it. The guild I joined is half of a larger guild that […]
Yesterday CCP Games, developer of popular sci-fi MMOG EVE Online, announced at Germany's Game Developers Conference Europe that they were adding a new component to the EVE franchise in the form of a console-based MMOG titled DUST 514. The game has been under development at their Shanghai studios for the past three years and if […]
Last week the gaming news sites were discussing the revelation that Sony had inserted advertising post-launch in its futuristic-themed racing game WipEout HD. The biggest furor over this was the fact that the advertising was not present when the game initially came out (it was delivered via a patch after launch) and it was extremely […]
2015: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2012: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2011: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2010: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2009: J F M A M J J A S O N D
- Joshua Meadows: I understand the frustration, but I think that’s taking the problem and going in the opposite extreme. Unlike the civil...
- Chris: Thank you… Sadly voices like ours are often hated. Sadly I actually hate the gay community and I am gay! I am not hip enough, skinny...
- Lord: Thank you for the well-worded post…now if only the message can get to the people who don’t want to be seen as supporters (usually...
- Joshua Meadows: Dagon, you simply repeated the same thing that Gman said — albeit in a more aggressive and less valid manner. I already addressed...
- Dagon: Well, I think you misunderstand the point Sterling is trying to make. He is saying it would be great if Drake was a homosexual because then...