Archive for the ‘bitching’ Category
Dragon Age: Origins was rather unique in the fact that at its launch not only one but two pieces of downloadable content were available; The Stone Prisoner and Warden's Keep were two addons that added extra quests and content to the base game. While The Stone Prisoner was available to everyone who bought the game, Warden's Keep was only included with the digital deluxe version of the title. Anyone else wanting to play it has to purchase it for an additional seven dollars.
If you haven't heard by now, Infinity Ward, the developers behind upcoming FPS Modern Warfare 2, have released a YouTube public service announcement warning players against unsportsman-like "grenade spam." It's all well and fine, but the five seconds at the end of the video inform you that the PSA has been brought to you by "Fight Against Grenade Spam," or, FAGS.
With the impending release of Windows 7, tech news media has stepped up the common refrain that somehow Vista was a "failed" operating system. While the OS certainly had a rocky launch, is its negative perception today really accurate or the result of misunderstandings and incorrect representations?
Yesterday both Joystiq and Kotaku covered the release of a new academically-approved public survey soliciting opinions from LGBT and heterosexual gamers about what they look for in video games. The survey itself didn't impress me much, personally, but it's a good jumping-off point to examine the sort of outrage anything like this generates in heterosexual-dominated gaming circles.
The screenshot you see here (click it for a larger version) represents the first two seconds of global chat when I logged into my poor abandoned Asmodian priest yesterday in an attempt to finally ascend him past level 10. The wall of gold spam that hit me as soon as I signed in was the […]
A post last week on MMOCrunch seems rather hand-in-hand with my entry last week about Love. In the entry, the author ruminates on his experiences in gaming communities and comes away with the feeling that, compared to five years ago, people in MMOGs and online games have gotten a lot more negative. While I agree […]
An upcoming MMOG title I have been looking forward to with a lot of glee is Love, the one-man-band game currently in development by Eskil Steenberg. Everything, from the game's engine to the graphics renderer to the AI, has been developed from scratch solely by Eskil, a pretty monumental achievement when you consider the small […]
2015: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2012: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2011: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2010: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2009: J F M A M J J A S O N D
- Joshua Meadows: I understand the frustration, but I think that’s taking the problem and going in the opposite extreme. Unlike the civil...
- Chris: Thank you… Sadly voices like ours are often hated. Sadly I actually hate the gay community and I am gay! I am not hip enough, skinny...
- Lord: Thank you for the well-worded post…now if only the message can get to the people who don’t want to be seen as supporters (usually...
- Joshua Meadows: Dagon, you simply repeated the same thing that Gman said — albeit in a more aggressive and less valid manner. I already addressed...
- Dagon: Well, I think you misunderstand the point Sterling is trying to make. He is saying it would be great if Drake was a homosexual because then...