Archive for the ‘bitching’ Category
So, Electronic Arts makes a game. 1. To advertise this game, which is some riff off of Dante's Inferno, they craft a series of publicity stunts around the various circles of Hell and sins and so on/so forth. One of these involves a comic book convention, Comic-Con, where EA tells horny guys people to take […]
October will hold the fifth anniversary of when I joined Second Life under the name I came to refer to as my "main" account. I dabbled in it under various other identities prior to that but I never understood what it was really for and would often get bored after a few minutes (or an […]
In an earlier entry I complained about the sense of culture-shock for a casual player in World of Warcraft when you switch from the largely solo-friendly leveling grind to the explicitly group-focused endgame. Recently biting the bullet I decided it was time to suck it up and try and find a guild, else I really […]
So my previous post got linked on WoW.com a couple days ago. Due to a linking mixup it happened a bit too late to get noticed in the initial read-through– fortunately or un- depending on your position I suppose– and I missed pretty much all the traffic from their entry. I mention 'unfortunately' because it […]
Last week GLAAD sent out a press release announcing their intention to start a project meant to combat homophobia in online video games and communities. On the surface this might sound like a great idea, unless you happen to actually be familiar with any of those communities, then the warning bells would be going off. […]
Two weeks ago, I hit level 80 on my priest in World of Warcraft. This was a bit of a momentous occasion for me, not because it was the first time I hit the level cap, but because it was the first time I hit the level cap when another expansion wasn't arriving imminently. While […]
So an addendum to the health fun of the past week; nothing was getting better with regards to my throat infection, which went back and forth between tonsillitis– oh wait strep throat maybe– over and over, and yesterday I woke up with my throat so swollen and painful that I couldn't speak or swallow my […]
2015: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2012: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2011: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2010: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2009: J F M A M J J A S O N D
- Joshua Meadows: I understand the frustration, but I think that’s taking the problem and going in the opposite extreme. Unlike the civil...
- Chris: Thank you… Sadly voices like ours are often hated. Sadly I actually hate the gay community and I am gay! I am not hip enough, skinny...
- Lord: Thank you for the well-worded post…now if only the message can get to the people who don’t want to be seen as supporters (usually...
- Joshua Meadows: Dagon, you simply repeated the same thing that Gman said — albeit in a more aggressive and less valid manner. I already addressed...
- Dagon: Well, I think you misunderstand the point Sterling is trying to make. He is saying it would be great if Drake was a homosexual because then...