Archive for the ‘proselytizing’ Category
Shadow Complex, a new release to the Xbox Live Arcade, has generated a bit of controversy since its debut last week. The Super Metroid-inspired sidescroller is set in the universe of Orson Scott Card's Empire series and opposition to the game has been brewing by gamers unhappy with the controversial author's political views– specifically regarding […]
As I have reported recently, I've been giving this whole "guild" thing in World of Warcraft a more concerted effort than I have done previously. I've been running instances more regularly and "raiding" as the kids say and I have actually been enjoying it. The guild I joined is half of a larger guild that […]
So, Electronic Arts makes a game. 1. To advertise this game, which is some riff off of Dante's Inferno, they craft a series of publicity stunts around the various circles of Hell and sins and so on/so forth. One of these involves a comic book convention, Comic-Con, where EA tells horny guys people to take […]
So my previous post got linked on WoW.com a couple days ago. Due to a linking mixup it happened a bit too late to get noticed in the initial read-through– fortunately or un- depending on your position I suppose– and I missed pretty much all the traffic from their entry. I mention 'unfortunately' because it […]
Last week GLAAD sent out a press release announcing their intention to start a project meant to combat homophobia in online video games and communities. On the surface this might sound like a great idea, unless you happen to actually be familiar with any of those communities, then the warning bells would be going off. […]
Sunday the 28th marks the day that, forty years ago, police raided the Stonewall Inn in New York's Greenwich village, setting the spark to what became a weekend of rioting from the LGBT community fed up with constant harassment and brutality. That weekend became the cornerstone of the gay rights movement, giving voice to a […]
One of the biggest differences I've noticed between here and NYC is the treatment of bars and alcohol here. When Adam and I first visited Sydney last April this wasn't in place, but shortly before we got here New South Wales (the "state" that Sydney is the capital of) passed restrictions on bars and clubs […]
2015: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2012: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2011: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2010: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2009: J F M A M J J A S O N D
- Joshua Meadows: I understand the frustration, but I think that’s taking the problem and going in the opposite extreme. Unlike the civil...
- Chris: Thank you… Sadly voices like ours are often hated. Sadly I actually hate the gay community and I am gay! I am not hip enough, skinny...
- Lord: Thank you for the well-worded post…now if only the message can get to the people who don’t want to be seen as supporters (usually...
- Joshua Meadows: Dagon, you simply repeated the same thing that Gman said — albeit in a more aggressive and less valid manner. I already addressed...
- Dagon: Well, I think you misunderstand the point Sterling is trying to make. He is saying it would be great if Drake was a homosexual because then...