Archive for the ‘reviews’ Category
Chaim Gingold, the lead designer behind the creature creator tools found in EA's Spore, along with Brutal Legend artist Jane Ng, has released Earth Dragon for the iPhone. In the game, which appeared on the App Store yesterday, you play the role of a smash-and-roar green dragon tasked to claim revenge against humanity on behalf of Mother Earth for their transgressions against her world.
I have to confess, I'm a little addicted to this game. Although it originally came out in March, the game has mostly escaped my attention until it was recently listed by AMD as one of the titles ready for the upcoming release of DirectX 11. I saw it when it popped up on the New […]
The current MMOG landscape is monopolized by orcs-and-wizards RPGs, so when a developer comes up with something outside that mold I'm always excited. Battleswarm: Field of Honor, a hybrid multiplayer FPS/RTS being developed in part by Atari co-founder Nolan Bushnell through Reality Gap, started its open beta on Tuesday. You need keys to get into […]
Indie games hold a place in my heart near and dear; while the quality can sometimes be lackluster compared to titles released by the big guys, this isn't always the case. Recent games like World of Goo and Braid have been critically-acclaimed hits, both because of their quirky uniqueness and because of what they said […]
In the wide-world that represents present day MMOG flora, post-apocalyptic games (and sci-fi games in general) are sadly lacking in representation. One such upcoming release seeking to change that is Fallen Earth, set in after-the-world-ends 2156, a hundred years after a genetically engineered supervirus has decimated 99% of the human population. Putting your character in […]
Last week Champions Online started its week long open beta in preparation for the September 1st launch; those who had pre-ordered the game were given access to it (though I believe free keys were also available through a FilePlanet promotion at some point.) This is a game I have been looking forward to for a […]
Something that's captured my attention recently is the GroBoto 3D modeling program from Braid Arts Labs. I discovered it by chance the other day as I was rummaging through submissions to deviantART, trying to find a new wallpaper image for my computer. I saw a piece that was really striking and the artist explained that […]
2015: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2012: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2011: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2010: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2009: J F M A M J J A S O N D
- Joshua Meadows: I understand the frustration, but I think that’s taking the problem and going in the opposite extreme. Unlike the civil...
- Chris: Thank you… Sadly voices like ours are often hated. Sadly I actually hate the gay community and I am gay! I am not hip enough, skinny...
- Lord: Thank you for the well-worded post…now if only the message can get to the people who don’t want to be seen as supporters (usually...
- Joshua Meadows: Dagon, you simply repeated the same thing that Gman said — albeit in a more aggressive and less valid manner. I already addressed...
- Dagon: Well, I think you misunderstand the point Sterling is trying to make. He is saying it would be great if Drake was a homosexual because then...