Archive for the ‘screenshots’ Category
The current MMOG landscape is monopolized by orcs-and-wizards RPGs, so when a developer comes up with something outside that mold I'm always excited. Battleswarm: Field of Honor, a hybrid multiplayer FPS/RTS being developed in part by Atari co-founder Nolan Bushnell through Reality Gap, started its open beta on Tuesday. You need keys to get into […]
Indie games hold a place in my heart near and dear; while the quality can sometimes be lackluster compared to titles released by the big guys, this isn't always the case. Recent games like World of Goo and Braid have been critically-acclaimed hits, both because of their quirky uniqueness and because of what they said […]
In the wide-world that represents present day MMOG flora, post-apocalyptic games (and sci-fi games in general) are sadly lacking in representation. One such upcoming release seeking to change that is Fallen Earth, set in after-the-world-ends 2156, a hundred years after a genetically engineered supervirus has decimated 99% of the human population. Putting your character in […]
Last week Champions Online started its week long open beta in preparation for the September 1st launch; those who had pre-ordered the game were given access to it (though I believe free keys were also available through a FilePlanet promotion at some point.) This is a game I have been looking forward to for a […]
Earlier in the week through the generosity of an acquaintance, I got my hands on a beta key for the upcoming English launch of the MMORPG Aion: The Tower of Eternity. Already a pretty well acclaimed game in the Asian market, I've been looking at this one impatiently ever since I learned it would be […]
I happened to hear about Atmosphir from a Facebook comment a few weeks ago; quickly running over the site I thought it was a cute, quirky program and happily put my information into the beta signup section. Atmosphir, as the website explains, is a "video game" creation tool geared towards amateurs: levels are designed on […]
The Path is an atmospheric horror game based on and inspired by several variations of the traditional Little Red Riding Hood story, set in modern times. In it you take control of one of six sisters, sent individually on an errand to see their sick grandmother. The game gives you the simple imperative of "Stay […]
2015: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2012: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2011: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2010: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2009: J F M A M J J A S O N D
- Joshua Meadows: I understand the frustration, but I think that’s taking the problem and going in the opposite extreme. Unlike the civil...
- Chris: Thank you… Sadly voices like ours are often hated. Sadly I actually hate the gay community and I am gay! I am not hip enough, skinny...
- Lord: Thank you for the well-worded post…now if only the message can get to the people who don’t want to be seen as supporters (usually...
- Joshua Meadows: Dagon, you simply repeated the same thing that Gman said — albeit in a more aggressive and less valid manner. I already addressed...
- Dagon: Well, I think you misunderstand the point Sterling is trying to make. He is saying it would be great if Drake was a homosexual because then...