Archive for the ‘the daily things’ Category
Wherein one guy with a free weekend sets about using VirtualBox as a cross-platform, all-in-one webhost solution in order to do local website development whether connected to the internet or not. Warning: nerd content within.
* This post is going to be a bit more behind-the-scenes and autobiographical than the others have been recently. It's also 4 AM here and I'm a bit sleep deprived so this is likely to be rambling and not the best-written entry ever. Ever since about 1998 I've had a personal website; my first one […]
Over the weekend I made good on my decision to close down my business venture within Second Life. After setting all my products for free during the last couple of days, I held an impromptu gathering of people for some quick words and the catastrophic destruction of the sim that I realized was almost a […]
To call me a little bit OCD is putting things lightly; I make the most picky of organizers look sloppy. This extends to both my personal and work spaces and the contents of my hard drive. This has become an escalating problem, especially on the hard drive end of things, the more computers I obtain. […]
October will hold the fifth anniversary of when I joined Second Life under the name I came to refer to as my "main" account. I dabbled in it under various other identities prior to that but I never understood what it was really for and would often get bored after a few minutes (or an […]
I think the time has come for me to accept the fact that I'm missing the draw of Warhammer Online. I got started with it when Direct2Drive was throwing an opening bash letting players start three days before the official launch if they bought it RIGHT THEN THAT VERY MINUTE which happened to coincide with […]
In an earlier entry I complained about the sense of culture-shock for a casual player in World of Warcraft when you switch from the largely solo-friendly leveling grind to the explicitly group-focused endgame. Recently biting the bullet I decided it was time to suck it up and try and find a guild, else I really […]
2015: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2012: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2011: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2010: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2009: J F M A M J J A S O N D
- Joshua Meadows: I understand the frustration, but I think that’s taking the problem and going in the opposite extreme. Unlike the civil...
- Chris: Thank you… Sadly voices like ours are often hated. Sadly I actually hate the gay community and I am gay! I am not hip enough, skinny...
- Lord: Thank you for the well-worded post…now if only the message can get to the people who don’t want to be seen as supporters (usually...
- Joshua Meadows: Dagon, you simply repeated the same thing that Gman said — albeit in a more aggressive and less valid manner. I already addressed...
- Dagon: Well, I think you misunderstand the point Sterling is trying to make. He is saying it would be great if Drake was a homosexual because then...