Archive for the ‘the daily things’ Category
Something that's captured my attention recently is the GroBoto 3D modeling program from Braid Arts Labs. I discovered it by chance the other day as I was rummaging through submissions to deviantART, trying to find a new wallpaper image for my computer. I saw a piece that was really striking and the artist explained that […]
So an addendum to the health fun of the past week; nothing was getting better with regards to my throat infection, which went back and forth between tonsillitis– oh wait strep throat maybe– over and over, and yesterday I woke up with my throat so swollen and painful that I couldn't speak or swallow my […]
The past couple of weeks have been quite the hospital experience for me. Two weeks ago, while Adam and I were watching the new Star Trek movie, I started having a panic attack in the middle of the film. Only it didn't feel like a panic attack, I started feeling like my throat was closing […]
So the purpose of the trip to New Zealand, officially, was so I could file for a visa to Australia and thus begin working once again. Unfortunately it's not possible to file from within the country, so we scooted off for a trip to Auckland. Auckland is pretty, but really slow and glacial. Given how […]
In lieu of a longer update, Adam and I left Sydney and landed in Auckland, New Zealand a couple hours ago. No matter all the traveling we've done, what amazes me is just how similar all cities look, even on opposite sides of the planet. And skyscrapers will always be a comforting sight for me. […]
Last year I bought myself a shiny Sony VAIO Z-series laptop. Adam had a similar type (the SZ, which preceded the Z), and I used to stare at it wistfully while on flights. His was both much lighter and thinner than mine as well as more portable (and the battery life was great), so I […]
One of the biggest differences I've noticed between here and NYC is the treatment of bars and alcohol here. When Adam and I first visited Sydney last April this wasn't in place, but shortly before we got here New South Wales (the "state" that Sydney is the capital of) passed restrictions on bars and clubs […]
2015: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2012: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2011: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2010: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2009: J F M A M J J A S O N D
- Joshua Meadows: I understand the frustration, but I think that’s taking the problem and going in the opposite extreme. Unlike the civil...
- Chris: Thank you… Sadly voices like ours are often hated. Sadly I actually hate the gay community and I am gay! I am not hip enough, skinny...
- Lord: Thank you for the well-worded post…now if only the message can get to the people who don’t want to be seen as supporters (usually...
- Joshua Meadows: Dagon, you simply repeated the same thing that Gman said — albeit in a more aggressive and less valid manner. I already addressed...
- Dagon: Well, I think you misunderstand the point Sterling is trying to make. He is saying it would be great if Drake was a homosexual because then...