Archive for the ‘virtual worlds/video games’ Category
Yesterday CCP Games, developer of popular sci-fi MMOG EVE Online, announced at Germany's Game Developers Conference Europe that they were adding a new component to the EVE franchise in the form of a console-based MMOG titled DUST 514. The game has been under development at their Shanghai studios for the past three years and if […]
Last week the gaming news sites were discussing the revelation that Sony had inserted advertising post-launch in its futuristic-themed racing game WipEout HD. The biggest furor over this was the fact that the advertising was not present when the game initially came out (it was delivered via a patch after launch) and it was extremely […]
Over the weekend I made good on my decision to close down my business venture within Second Life. After setting all my products for free during the last couple of days, I held an impromptu gathering of people for some quick words and the catastrophic destruction of the sim that I realized was almost a […]
October will hold the fifth anniversary of when I joined Second Life under the name I came to refer to as my "main" account. I dabbled in it under various other identities prior to that but I never understood what it was really for and would often get bored after a few minutes (or an […]
I think the time has come for me to accept the fact that I'm missing the draw of Warhammer Online. I got started with it when Direct2Drive was throwing an opening bash letting players start three days before the official launch if they bought it RIGHT THEN THAT VERY MINUTE which happened to coincide with […]
In an earlier entry I complained about the sense of culture-shock for a casual player in World of Warcraft when you switch from the largely solo-friendly leveling grind to the explicitly group-focused endgame. Recently biting the bullet I decided it was time to suck it up and try and find a guild, else I really […]
Earlier in the week through the generosity of an acquaintance, I got my hands on a beta key for the upcoming English launch of the MMORPG Aion: The Tower of Eternity. Already a pretty well acclaimed game in the Asian market, I've been looking at this one impatiently ever since I learned it would be […]
2015: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2012: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2011: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2010: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2009: J F M A M J J A S O N D
- Joshua Meadows: I understand the frustration, but I think that’s taking the problem and going in the opposite extreme. Unlike the civil...
- Chris: Thank you… Sadly voices like ours are often hated. Sadly I actually hate the gay community and I am gay! I am not hip enough, skinny...
- Lord: Thank you for the well-worded post…now if only the message can get to the people who don’t want to be seen as supporters (usually...
- Joshua Meadows: Dagon, you simply repeated the same thing that Gman said — albeit in a more aggressive and less valid manner. I already addressed...
- Dagon: Well, I think you misunderstand the point Sterling is trying to make. He is saying it would be great if Drake was a homosexual because then...