Posts Tagged ‘games’
This past week I began looking through the iTunes sales charts and review websites to check in on what iPad games were popular and how well they ran on my device. The same staples of the iPhone are still in place on the iPad: tower defence games and turn-based strategy titles really excel on the iPad where pin-point precision and accuracy aren't needed for a great experience. What I found most surprising, however, was the level of depth on the iPad versions of titles. It has nothing to do with screen real estate, either: iPhone games give you a sense that you're really playing a short, mobile experience, while iPad games are generally much longer, more polished and have a far more epic "feel" to them.
Indie games hold a place in my heart near and dear; while the quality can sometimes be lackluster compared to titles released by the big guys, this isn't always the case. Recent games like World of Goo and Braid have been critically-acclaimed hits, both because of their quirky uniqueness and because of what they said […]
Yesterday CCP Games, developer of popular sci-fi MMOG EVE Online, announced at Germany's Game Developers Conference Europe that they were adding a new component to the EVE franchise in the form of a console-based MMOG titled DUST 514. The game has been under development at their Shanghai studios for the past three years and if […]
I think the time has come for me to accept the fact that I'm missing the draw of Warhammer Online. I got started with it when Direct2Drive was throwing an opening bash letting players start three days before the official launch if they bought it RIGHT THEN THAT VERY MINUTE which happened to coincide with […]
In an earlier entry I complained about the sense of culture-shock for a casual player in World of Warcraft when you switch from the largely solo-friendly leveling grind to the explicitly group-focused endgame. Recently biting the bullet I decided it was time to suck it up and try and find a guild, else I really […]
Earlier in the week through the generosity of an acquaintance, I got my hands on a beta key for the upcoming English launch of the MMORPG Aion: The Tower of Eternity. Already a pretty well acclaimed game in the Asian market, I've been looking at this one impatiently ever since I learned it would be […]
Two weeks ago, I hit level 80 on my priest in World of Warcraft. This was a bit of a momentous occasion for me, not because it was the first time I hit the level cap, but because it was the first time I hit the level cap when another expansion wasn't arriving imminently. While […]
2015: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2012: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2011: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2010: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2009: J F M A M J J A S O N D
- Joshua Meadows: I understand the frustration, but I think that’s taking the problem and going in the opposite extreme. Unlike the civil...
- Chris: Thank you… Sadly voices like ours are often hated. Sadly I actually hate the gay community and I am gay! I am not hip enough, skinny...
- Lord: Thank you for the well-worded post…now if only the message can get to the people who don’t want to be seen as supporters (usually...
- Joshua Meadows: Dagon, you simply repeated the same thing that Gman said — albeit in a more aggressive and less valid manner. I already addressed...
- Dagon: Well, I think you misunderstand the point Sterling is trying to make. He is saying it would be great if Drake was a homosexual because then...