Posts Tagged ‘LGBT’
I do not like Jim Sterling. This isn't anything I'd really classify as a recent or sudden discovery, but rather — much like with 4chan trolls in general — something I prefer not to talk about much because Jim Sterling is the sort of individual who thrives on negative feedback, seeking to inspire as much of it as he can to validate some stylised image of himself as a Disaffected Internet Cool Kid. As a regular writer for Destructoid (amongst other places) he typifies the mentality that makes most people think of immature, greasy basement dwellers when "gamer" is said out loud.
Dear [DNC Chairman] Tim Kaine: My name is Joshua Meadows. I am writing you in response to an email I've seen circulated from yourself to the gay community soliciting their perspectives and opinions about this Pride Month. I would like to take this opportunity to share some things with you about myself as a gay American.
BioWare is again being questioned about the lack of same-sex love interests in the Mass Effect franchise. When 1UP writer Tracey John spoke with project lead Casey Hudson and BioWare head Ray Muzyka, she just wanted to know, in a game built so much around choice, why couldn't her female Shepard have a romance with the female quarian Tali'Zorah vas Neema. This is the paradox that studios like BioWare find themselves in: the more choices you give players, the higher expectations those players have that more and more diversity will be available as a choice.
Shadow Complex, a new release to the Xbox Live Arcade, has generated a bit of controversy since its debut last week. The Super Metroid-inspired sidescroller is set in the universe of Orson Scott Card's Empire series and opposition to the game has been brewing by gamers unhappy with the controversial author's political views– specifically regarding […]
Sunday the 28th marks the day that, forty years ago, police raided the Stonewall Inn in New York's Greenwich village, setting the spark to what became a weekend of rioting from the LGBT community fed up with constant harassment and brutality. That weekend became the cornerstone of the gay rights movement, giving voice to a […]
2015: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2012: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2011: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2010: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2009: J F M A M J J A S O N D
- Joshua Meadows: I understand the frustration, but I think that’s taking the problem and going in the opposite extreme. Unlike the civil...
- Chris: Thank you… Sadly voices like ours are often hated. Sadly I actually hate the gay community and I am gay! I am not hip enough, skinny...
- Lord: Thank you for the well-worded post…now if only the message can get to the people who don’t want to be seen as supporters (usually...
- Joshua Meadows: Dagon, you simply repeated the same thing that Gman said — albeit in a more aggressive and less valid manner. I already addressed...
- Dagon: Well, I think you misunderstand the point Sterling is trying to make. He is saying it would be great if Drake was a homosexual because then...