Posts Tagged ‘mmog’
Face of Mankind was an in-development MMOG I remember nostalgically from my halcyon days of 2004 – 2005, where I spent many a Google query searching for games to play online. It was an interesting concept; a FPS MMOG focused less around grinding for levels and more about roleplay (as in, creating characters and backstories yourself) and teamwork. I got into the closed or open beta at some point and puttered around the game world, soaking in the mechanics of the environment around me. It's a bit tricky to remember the extent of the game's features so far back, but I do remember being blown away at the potential.
The screenshot you see here (click it for a larger version) represents the first two seconds of global chat when I logged into my poor abandoned Asmodian priest yesterday in an attempt to finally ascend him past level 10. The wall of gold spam that hit me as soon as I signed in was the […]
The current MMOG landscape is monopolized by orcs-and-wizards RPGs, so when a developer comes up with something outside that mold I'm always excited. Battleswarm: Field of Honor, a hybrid multiplayer FPS/RTS being developed in part by Atari co-founder Nolan Bushnell through Reality Gap, started its open beta on Tuesday. You need keys to get into […]
In the wide-world that represents present day MMOG flora, post-apocalyptic games (and sci-fi games in general) are sadly lacking in representation. One such upcoming release seeking to change that is Fallen Earth, set in after-the-world-ends 2156, a hundred years after a genetically engineered supervirus has decimated 99% of the human population. Putting your character in […]
So my previous post got linked on WoW.com a couple days ago. Due to a linking mixup it happened a bit too late to get noticed in the initial read-through– fortunately or un- depending on your position I suppose– and I missed pretty much all the traffic from their entry. I mention 'unfortunately' because it […]
Last week GLAAD sent out a press release announcing their intention to start a project meant to combat homophobia in online video games and communities. On the surface this might sound like a great idea, unless you happen to actually be familiar with any of those communities, then the warning bells would be going off. […]
Earlier in the week through the generosity of an acquaintance, I got my hands on a beta key for the upcoming English launch of the MMORPG Aion: The Tower of Eternity. Already a pretty well acclaimed game in the Asian market, I've been looking at this one impatiently ever since I learned it would be […]
2015: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2012: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2011: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2010: J F M A M J J A S O N D
2009: J F M A M J J A S O N D
- Joshua Meadows: I understand the frustration, but I think that’s taking the problem and going in the opposite extreme. Unlike the civil...
- Chris: Thank you… Sadly voices like ours are often hated. Sadly I actually hate the gay community and I am gay! I am not hip enough, skinny...
- Lord: Thank you for the well-worded post…now if only the message can get to the people who don’t want to be seen as supporters (usually...
- Joshua Meadows: Dagon, you simply repeated the same thing that Gman said — albeit in a more aggressive and less valid manner. I already addressed...
- Dagon: Well, I think you misunderstand the point Sterling is trying to make. He is saying it would be great if Drake was a homosexual because then...